Graduate Chemist responsibilities enhanced
Graduate chemists enabled to take on progressively larger responsibilities.
- The client provides drug development services for the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industries, typically scaling up laboratory methods to deliver industrial product quantities.
- The objective was to increase the project skills of graduate Development Chemists of 2 – 3 years standing, to enable them to take on progressively larger responsibilities, not only for their own work but also for that of others.
- A series of customised training programs was devised and delivered on-site to several cohorts of chemists, nearly all of whom held doctoral qualifications.
- This training improved the overall project maturity within the company, allowing the participants to take on larger responsibilities
- It displaced more generic project training which took more time, while being less targeted to the company environment.
- It also reached a significantly greater participation among the project community.