What is Business Process Management (BPM)?
Optimising “operations” or “production work” so that it runs like clockwork means that there are less costly, unplanned and urgent issues, which reduces the costs (and stress) for everybody involved.
What is BPM?
- Business Process Management documents exactly the steps taken to carry out operations.
- At the lowest level, even simply documenting processes (e.g. using a spreadsheet) with swimlanes will often identify process weaknesses which can be corrected immediately.
- It is however better to use an IT application which is optimized for documenting business processes, based for example on BPMN (Business Process Model and Notation). This does not ensure that the processes are implemented correctly or regularly optimized, unless an effective program of training and process management is implemented in addition to the documentation effort.
- Even better is to use a cloud-based BPM tool to document and automate the implementation of processes. This is the approach which is preferred by Scatterwork.
How Cloud-Based BPM benefits you:
Cloud-Based Business Processes increase the reliability of your existing business processes, resulting in increased production capacity and reduced stress.
- Informal processes are captured and added to the organization’s know-how capital. Without documentation, the value can be lost by change of personnel.
- Processes can be optimized and standardized continually, which makes the whole organisation use best practice. There is no point in using less than best practice.
- Because of the e-mail driven implementation of process steps of Cloud based Processes, the training and organizational overhead is far less than would be necessary for document-based BPM.
- The users of the process can be distributed across any location with network connectivity (=virtually anywhere, particularly if data entry is by mobile phone), even across time zones and continents globally. This means that the work can be implemented far more efficiently and quickly by a better selection of experts, so increasing the organization’s capacity for delivering work.
- Systematic Process Management is a requirement for ISO 9001:2015 certification.
What has this to do with Project Management?
Projects are once-off undertakings which deliver specific results, while projects are usually delivered by leveraging from processes, that is from repetitive sequences of well defined steps.
- For example, a meeting may be called (once-off, unique, “project”) to which the participants travel using scheduled airlines (which run the same flights every week, “process”).
Further, if projects are to be predictable, then the processes used must also be reliable. This means that Business Process Management, which addresses the systematic reliability and efficiency of Processes, can contribute directly to the delivery of projects.
Streamline your Operational Capacity
Get out of “firefighting mode” with BPM by:
|optimising||Adjust for the best result.|
|Business Processes||The hundreds of individual steps used regularly to implement the repetitive work which delivers value to your customers. Think of “day-to-day processes/ production/ operations”, in areas such as:|
|systematically||Thorough attention to detail, so that nothing is overlooked.|
|Start here!||Business Process Management Kick-Off|
[wp_cart_button name=”Business Process Management Kick-Off” price=”495.00″] $495
|Identify the current BPM maturity level in your organisation and get recommendations for the next steps.|
Use this independent assessment in discussion with the decision makers to identify the process management priorities for the biggest payback.
|Do-it-yourself BPM with regular Coaching Support||Business Process Management Retainer|
Weekly teleconference + written report.
[wp_cart_button name=”Do-it Yourself Business Process – 1 month’s support” price=”2950.00″] $2950 / calendar month.
|This do-it yourself service is ideal if you want to implement BPM (Business Process Management) yourself, guided by an expert.|
Actions assigned to Scatterwork for implementation will be will be costed separately.
|We work with you to capture your Business Processes in the Cloud||Capture your Business Processes.|
Before processes can be used, they must first be captured by subject matter experts (you), supported by BPM experts (Scatterwork). Even before the processes are used, this step often identifies valuable improvements which can be made immediately.
The big pay-back comes when the processes are repeatedly used, requiring all participants to apply best practice every time.
Business Process Capture uses Cloud Based applications, which can be implemented globally without travel.
[wp_cart_button name=”Capture your Business Processes – 1 process, max. 100 steps” price=”5950.00″] $5950 per process, max. 50 steps.
|This is for those who want to outsource the cloud-based capture of their Business Processes.|
|We maintain your Cloud Workflows for you, so that you can focus on the work itself||Cloud Business Process Maintenance.|
Scatterwork manages the regular usage of the Business Processes infrastructure for you.
[wp_cart_button name=”Cloud Business Process Maintenance – 1 process, max. 50 steps for 1 month” price=”595.00″] $595 per process, max. 50 steps for 1 month
|Scatterwork ensures that the processes which have already been captured in the cloud continue to run correctly. We can also assign our own resources where you need additional capacity.|
|We outsource Cloud Workflow capacity for you||Cloud Business Process Outsourcing.|
20% arrangement fee + management time at $150 / hour.
|Scatterwork identifies and arranges capacity for Cloud Workflow maintenance on your behalf.|
The management of this resource is charged by time.