Scatterwork partners with you to reduce your project costs, delivery time and risks.
The Challenge of Delivering Housing Supply Assignments – fast
There are many programmes which share information about WHAT needs to be done to increase the housing supply in Ireland and elsewhere. This is NOT one of them.
“But I’m too busy right now to take several days away from the office”
Consider these points:
- In this workshop, you plan your project or initiative in 3 days. This is work applied to your initiative and is not “training”.
- Your plan would not be be available until later, possibly even by several weeks, if you did it as part of the working day. This delay ADDS to the implementation delay of your time-critical initiative.
- It would probably take much more of your time and effort if done over a period as part of the working day, because of other commitments and interruptions.
- Your plan from the bootcamp will likely be better than if you did it on your own, because of the focus and interactions with the expert consultant and other participants.
Taken together, these improvements can save you signficant critical implementation time: see the video for an example where one of our clients saved 20 weeks, because of an insight arising from a bootcamp.
While everyone involved is usually well meaning, it can be challenging to get others to understand and implement what needs to be done to facilitate your particular initiative. As a result, it can take far longer than necessary in situations such as:
- Land acquisition
- Reuse of existing buildings
- Estate and Letting Management
- etc. etc.
The result is that families who are waiting for housing suffer avoidable additional stress until their unit finally becomes available.
What you get from the Bootcamp
This 3-day Bootcamp focuses on HOW to deliver results through non-direct reports, e.g. in other agencies & organisations. This means that your assignment can deliver faster and with less risk of delay.
Your skills and experience as a housing professional are augmented by applying best practice project management to deliver results as quickly as possible.
You know what needs to be done and develop your project plan with full expert support during the interactive workshop. This improves the chances of a timely implementation with minimum delay when you apply it immediately after the bootcamp.
Your Detailed Implementation Plan schedules how and when the work will be done and by whom. It also covers topics such as Communication and Risk Management.
The Bootcamp format leverages from Best Practice Project Management according to the international standard ISO 21500:2012 applied to the specific case of Housing Supply. You benefit from the experience of the course consultant and the interaction with other participants who have similar objectives.
Important: This is a project implementation workshop, not advice on housing supply.
The Bootcamp Consultant Dr Deasún Ó Conchúir CEng FIET is a Chartered Cngineer and Fellow of Engineers Ireland who has decades of project management experience in over forty countries, which he applies to the benefit of your Housing Supply implementation initiative. As a Project Consultant, he brings these skills to the important and challenging domain of Housing Supply.
He is well known for his interactive style and for the business impact of applying his experience. He was a member of the management team of the very first company in Ireland to achieve ISO 9000 accreditation.
What are the benefits?
- You consolidate the implementation plan for your Housing Supply initiative.
- This means that the chances of your initiative meeting its targets of time, scope & cost, leading to an early realisation of the benefits are greatly improved.
- “Doing” is prioritised over “learning” about project planning, because it is much faster and more effective than traditional “learn, then apply afterwards” training.
- The bootcamp agenda is related to “Guidance on project management”, international standard ISO 21500:2012.
- You leverage from the global experience and insights of the Bootcamp leader and other participants.
- Optional follow-up coaching available, to support you during project implementation.
The bootcamp is based on a well established pattern of the main phases of a project management according to ISO 21500:2012:
- Stakeholder analysis
- Assumptions & Constraints
- Risk & Issue Management
- Phase Plan
- Project Charter/ Brief
- Work Packages & Activities
- Critical Path
- Project Management Tool selection
- Problem Solving
- Tracking & Reporting
- Change Control
- Systematic Project Completion
- Identifying your Learning and Action Points
What are the benefits?
- You identify which project you will be working on at the time of registration and can either work alone or bring a small group of colleagues.
- You leave the bootcamp with a workable, systematic plan to support the implementation of your assignment related to housing supply.
This is a business planning workshop. It is assumed that participants:
- Are familiar with the needs of housing supply
- Have the authority to act on the basis of their plan.
Delivery Format Options
As well as this public event, the Bootcamp can be brought to your team, either on-site anywhere in Ireland or elsewhere in Europe or as a series of virtual events. Review the options and their relative advantages here.
The delivery can be in English, German, French or Irish.
Optional Remote Support
Follow up telephone support after the bootcamp is available as an option. Please tick the application form accordingly.